Performs a generic edit command.
- (send an-editor do-edit-operation op recursive? time) -> void
op : symbol in '(undo redo clear cut copy paste kill select-all insert-text-box insert-pasteboard-box insert-image)
recursive? = #t : boolean
time = 0 : exact integer
The op argument must be a valid edit command, one of:
- 'undo -- undoes the last operation
- 'redo -- undoes the last undo
- 'clear -- deletes the current selection
- 'cut -- cuts
- 'copy -- copies
- 'paste -- pastes
- 'kill -- cuts to the end of the current line, or cuts a newline if there is only whitespace between the selection and end of line
- 'select-all -- selects everything in the editor
- 'insert-text-box -- inserts a text editor as an item in this editor; see also
- 'insert-pasteboard-box -- inserts a pasteboard editor as an item in this editor; see also
- 'insert-image -- gets a filename from the user and inserts the image as an item in this editor; see also
If recursive? is not #f, then the command is passed on to
any active snips of this editor (i.e., snips which own the caret).
See Cut and Paste for a discussion of the time argument. If
time is outside the platform-specific range of times,
an exn:application:mismatch exception is raised.